Tuesday, January 12, 2010

FAQ: My own dedicated output data in one step

Q: I need my own dedicated transform to deliver data to an external company and already have created the XSLT. Can I simplyfy the whole export operation (base export and my transform) by "chaining" my XSLT to BatchXSLT for InDesign's standard export?

A: Yes, you can.
SOLUTION #1:
a) Put your created XSL style sheet into BatchXSLT's MASTER XSLCSS folder. You can find it in the Applications path BatchXSLT4InDesign/BatchXSLT/XSL/XSLCSS.

b) Rename or clear your current 'Export' folder structure - or at least rename or delete the contained XSLCSS folder for the new folder content mentioned in a) can be copied.

c) Now start the InDesign main export script 'ExportCurrentDocument.jsx' and you should see your XSLT in the main dialog within the popup 'Output Mode'. Select it and start the export.

Instead of creating the HTML flip book from the standard XML output, BatchXSLT for InDesign now will process your XSLT and create your dedicated output.

SOLUTION #2:
Edit the Javascript 'ExportCurrentDocument.jsx' and chain as many dedicated outputs as you need.
I will discuss this 2nd solution in detail when someone out there needs help on this.

No comments: